Corporation Tax Helpline

0 Flares Made with Flare More Info'> 0 Flares ×

0844 248 2558
corporation tax helpline

Corporation Tax is a corporate tax enforced by the UK Government on any company operating in the UK, and the permanent establishments of non-UK-based companies which trade in the European Union has to be paid by all limited companies. If you have any questions regarding the process, you can get in touch with the relations teams and management of the Corporation Tax offices by calling the Corporation Tax Helpline on 0844 248 2558. This number is available from 9am to 6pm every day, so you will be able to call in and be connected to the expert staff anytime you need to. The staff at the Corporation Tax offices will be able to resolve any issues you may have and will be able to provide any more information and advice you need.

Other Corporation Tax Contact Numbers:

Department Contact Number
Corporation Tax Help 0844 248 2558
Corporation Tax Complaints 0844 248 2558
Customer Services 0844 248 2558

Corporation Tax Helpline Opening Hours

Department Opening Hours
Customer Service 8:30am-11:30pm, 7 days a week

Corporation Tax Head Office Address

Department Address
Head Office Corporation Tax Services
HM Revenue and Customs
United Kingdom

Reasons to contact the Corporation Tax Helpline:

        • If you are unsatisfied with your Corporation Tax experience
        • If you are unhappy with service you have received via HMRC
        • If you have been charged for something irregular and wish to complain
        • If you wish to make a complaint about a certain individual at your local HMRC office
        • If you are unsatisfied with the customer service that you have received previously via the Corporation Tax Helpline

When does my Corporation Tax have to be paid by?
Are Corporation Tax returns made public?
Can I pay Corporation Tax with a credit card?

What is Corporation Tax and who has to pay it?

Corporation Tax is a tax on the profits of limited companies and some organisations including clubs and societies. Taxable profits are defined by HMRC as including trading profits, investment profits and capital gains. If your company is based in the UK, you will have to pay Corporation Tax on all profits, wherever in the world they come from. If your company is based outside of the UK but operates in the UK from an office or branch, you will only have to pay tax on any profits arising from activities in the UK.Corporation Tax helpline

Prior to 1st April, 1965, Corporation Tax in its current form didn’t exist, and instead the same function was performed by the Income Tax system, making companies and individuals pay the same type of income tax, with an additional “Profits Tax” being applied to companies to account for the fact that they profit-generating entities. In 1965, on the first of April, not at all as an April Fool’s prank, the tax system was completely overhauled by the Finance Act of 1965, doing away with the old Income Tax based system and implementing Corporation Tax for the first time. This single tax allowed easier and more efficient taxation of companies and associations and used the basic rules and structures already in place in the Income Tax system to quickly establish itself. Beginning in 1997, the UK also began a programme of modernisation for its tax systems – the UK Tax Law Rewrite Project – which has been steadily working through the entire body of UK tax legislation, bringing it up to speed with current policy and attitudes. The scheme began with income tax and reached corporation tax after several years of exhaustive work. The legislation governing corporation tax has now been brought fully up to speed and stands as an example of modern British tax legislation.

Corporation Tax financial years and rates

For Corporation Tax, the tax year is called the financial year or fiscal year and it runs from the 1st April to the 31st March. Please note this is different from the tax year for individual tax payers. The Chancellor sets out the Corporation Tax rates in the Budget each year. Normally, any changes are announced one financial year before they will take place.


The lower rate- known as the ‘small profits’ rate.

The upper rate- called the ‘full’ or ‘main’ rate.

There is also a sliding scale between the rates known as ‘marginal relief’.

Accounting period for Corporation Tax

A company/organisation pays Corporation Tax on taxable profits for each Corporation Tax accounting period which is around 12 months long, matching the company’s financial year. You cannot choose your accounting period.


Corporation Tax Self Assessment

This term means you are responsible for working out how much Corporation Tax your company owes by filing your tax return to HMRC. While this may seem like a daunting task, it isn’t anywhere near as bad as it seems. The first thing you’ll need to do if you’re unfamiliar with this system is to find out what it is you need to do. You can get this information by emailing the HMRC on their official email address (try their official web site for the information) or, if you want a guaranteed fast response, you can call the Corporation Tax contact phone number on 0844 248 2558. This phone number is available from 9am to 6pm every day of the week, including weekends, and the staff manning the phone lines during these hours are trained to be able to provide exactly the kind of information you need you successfully handle a Self Assessment – or if you have any other questions about your corporation tax, for that matter.

Once you’ve successfully done it, you’ll be in a much better position to sort it out again in future. Like most things to do with tax and the HMRC, it isn’t as bad as it first seems once you know what needs to be done.Corporation Tax

What you need to do for Corporation Tax

If your company/organisation needs to pay Corporation Tax you should:

        • Tell HMRC your company is liable to pay.
        • Pay the right amount on time, electronically.
        • File a company tax return and supporting documents online.

There are different deadlines for each of these requirements, so be sure to check with HMRC when they are. You can deal directly with HMRC or employ an accountant or tax adviser to help you. All companies must now file their Corporation Tax online.

Corporation Tax Phone Number

Department Contact Number
Corporation Tax 0844 248 2558

The Corporation Tax phone number is available from 9am to 6pm every day, including weekends and bank holidays, so whenever you’re doing your taxes, you’ll be able to call them for support. The staff on the other end of the line are trained professionals and will be able to resolve your issue by providing you with the information you need, arranging to send out any forms or papers you may require, answering your questions or putting you through to the manager of the relevant department, if you need more direct help or are having a problem that you can’t fix yourself.

The corporation tax phone line is partially automated to improve the speed and efficiency with which callers can be directed to the relevant department, so you will need to navigate an automated menu on your way to speak with a human caller.


When does my Corporation Tax have to be paid by?

You have to pay your Corporation Tax 9 months and 1 day after the end of your accounting period, which is usually the end of the financial year.


Are Corporation Tax returns made public?

So far, Corporation Tax returns are private. Despite calls to make them public, there is no plan to make them so yet. For updates on this question, ring the number above for more details.

Can I pay Corporation Tax with a credit card?

Yes, you can pay your Corporation Tax online with a credit card here. For this, you will be charged and you will need your payslip reference.

  1. Felixstowe Radio CIC
  2. Emma
  3. Harry Charlton
  4. J P Hewson
  5. Debbie Bryce

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *