VAT Helpline

0 Flares 0 Flares ×

0843 178 4298

You could have a number of reasons to call the VAT Helpline on 0843 178 4298, and when you do call this number you will be put in touch with a member of the team who can answer any questions you might want to ask and help you with any issues you might have had.

What is VAT?

VAT stands for Value Added Tax and is a tax that is levied on all goods and services that are purchased within the UK. VAT was introduced in 1973 and is the third largest source of government revenue, after income tax and National Insurance. The standard rate of tax for most good has been 20% since 2014, but can vary for certain items like domestic fuel, which has a VAT rate of 5%, or for food and children’s clothing (with VAT at 0%). As VAT is paid to the government by the seller or trader, it is known as an indirect or regressive tax.

VAT Rates

To speak to someone about your VAT, whether it is just a general enquiry regarding VAT and how it is used, or if you would like to register a complaint if you’re unhappy with a service you received regarding VAT, you can call the helpline on 0843 178 4298 and someone will be able to help you with whatever you need, so that you won’t be left disappointed with their help.

Registering for VAT

There are specific criteria for considering whether you need to register for VAT or not. If you believe that you need to register your business for VAT, or you want to know more about the criteria that you have to meet then you can call the helpline on 0843 178 4300 and someone will be available to talk to you about registering your business, and will be able to let you know if you need to register your business for VAT, as well as being able to help you with the registration process.

VAT Return

A VAT Return is a record of all your business’ sales and purchases that must be submitted every three months. To find out more about the VAT Return and what it involves you can call the helpline on 0843 178 4301 and a member of the team can let you know everything about VAT Returns and help you to prepare yours if you don’t understand how to do it.


Paying my VAT Bill

If you need help with paying your VAT Bill then you can call the helpline on 0843 178 4302 and a staff member will be available to go through the process with you, including all of the ways that you can set up your payment, as well as discussing the price with you if you find any issues with what you are being charged.

Claiming back VAT

If you believe that you are in a position where you can claim back the VAT that you have paid, then you can talk to someone at the helpline on 0843 178 4303 and they will be able to clarify whether or not you can claim the VAT back, as well as helping you understand the basis of these claims and talking you through the act of claiming VAT back.

VAT Calculator

If you need to calculate how much VAT you may need to pay, or are confused about how to use the VAT Calculator, you should call the helpline at 0843 178 4304 and the staff member that you are put in contact with will be able to explain to you how to use the calculator to make sure you are paying the correct amount of VAT.

VAT Helpline Contact Numbers

VAT Helpline Phone Number Opening Hours
Helpline 0843 178 4298 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm
Head Office 0843 178 4299 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm
Registering for VAT 0843 178 4300 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm
VAT Return 0843 178 4301 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm
Paying my VAT Bill 0843 178 4302 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm
Claiming back VAT 0843 178 4303 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm
VAT Calculator 0843 178 4304 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm

Other ways to contact VAT Helpline

If you don’t want to contact the VAT Helpline by calling them, you can reach them by sending a letter to this address:


HM Revenue and Customs
Chillingham House
Benton Park View
NE98 1ZZ
United Kingdom

and a member of the team will read and reply to you as soon as they can.

  1. Alan Ball
  2. Gervase Evans
  3. Stephen hasson
  5. ian mcgowan kemp
  6. Jeremy Hall
  8. Matt
    • Admin
  9. Mr Lambie
  10. Mr Clifford
  11. Steven W
  12. Ian Thorne
  13. john b
  14. Paul Matthews
  15. Caroline
    • Admin
  16. Roger Scott-Dow
    • Admin
  17. Margaret Watt
  18. Sarah Restoink
  19. Patric Cassidy
  20. Smith
  21. Patrick
  22. Wendy
  23. Khairul Anwar
  24. Nataliia

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *